**H1B Visa Sponsorship is not being offered as a condition of employment for this position at this time
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of the team that builds software products using an agile DevOps approach. Your expertise will help us transform the way that we deliver valuable software to our clients.
Worthwhile helps mid-market companies out-innovate their competition through software and data. We utilize a Design Thinking methodology to continuously design, build, and run digital transformation initiatives that deliver real business value in the manufacturing, financial services and healthcare sectors. Our culture is unique and defined by our 20 specific value behaviors. This relentless focus throughout our 25+ year history has enabled us to achieve an unprecedented Net Promoter Score of 84 (2x the industry average) and be named the #2 Best Place to Work in South Carolina for 2019.
- Work closely with our Program Management Office (PMO) team to define feature specifications and build the next generation of unique products for our clients
- Design, build, and optimize APIs for microservice applications
- Create fast and intuitive RESTful APIs using .NET Core and C#
- Create automated API Unit and Integration tests
- Implement internal and external integrations
- Assess and communicate the technical feasibility of different feature requests to the PMO
- Participate in design workshops, research, and prototyping
- Create OpenAPI specifications
- Code and test APIs that are compliant to the OpenAPI specifications
- Conduct peer reviews of coworkers code
- Participate in standup meetings with the Dev Team
- Accurately report timekeeping and task completion in Jira
- Maintain accurate design documentation
- Conduct playbacks that share achievements with coworkers and clients
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience developing in .NET Core with RESTful APIs
- Proficiency in C# is required; Knowledge of Python and Django is a plus
- Deep understanding of SQL databases
- Familiarity with Docker is a must; Kubernetes is added value
- Solid grasp of API design and versioning
- Working knowledge of a wide array of integration patterns, circuit breaker, asynchronous including pub/sub (middleware like Kafka, RabbitMQ, or comparable); service orchestration is a plus
- Solid skills securing services and using common access control patterns (API Tokens, JWT, SAML, SSO, etc.)
- Proficiency in creating microservices
- Self-driven and self-motivated
- Experience building for scale and performance
- Comfortable supporting your work in production
- A passion for quality and experience with unit testing frameworks
- .NET Core
- Security Best Practices
- JSON Web Tokens
- Git / Gitlab CI CD
- Relational DBs
- Bash / zsh / shell scripting
- NUnit / xUnit.NET / MSTest
- PEP8 & Linting
- Django Rest Framework
- Design Thinking
- NoSQL Database
- Experience creating chat-bots
Compensation and benefits
- Base salary
- Health insurance, paid time off, expense and travel account, and other benefits.
Make decisions in alignment with our vision:
- A magnet for companies seeking the most valuable software.
- A destination for people seeking the most fulfilling work.
Make decisions in alignment with our mission:
- We entertain an engagement only with the client is significantly rewarded.
- Our employees’ fulfillment will be fueled by our clients’ success.
- Our engagements are successful when our clients request an ongoing strategic relationship.
Perform your work in accordance with our 20 specific values-based actions.
- Drive deep collaboration among our team with a focus on solutions that make us more valuable to our clients.
- Listen intently and reflectively to clients with a desire to understand before being understood.
- Be curious and constantly improve to provide better solutions for clients.
- Excel in communicating with clients; be clear, concise, and anticipate questions.
- Honor your commitments: be on time, every time; deliver what you promise when you promise it.