We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include participation in the design process and translation of the design to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the design team and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You will be responsible for the quality of the code you create, providing testing that confirms your code functions as designed in isolation as well as participating in integration testing that validates the code in concert with all of the other components of the system.
Worthwhile helps mid-market companies out-innovate their competition through software and data. We utilize a Design Thinking methodology to continuously design, build, and run digital transformation initiatives that deliver real business value in the manufacturing, financial services and healthcare sectors. Our culture is unique and defined by our 19 specific value behaviors. This relentless focus throughout our 25 year history has enabled us to achieve an unprecedented Net Promoter Score of 84 (2x the industry average) and be named the #2 Best Place to Work in South Carolina for 2019.
Your top priorities will be to:
- Have fun doing what you love to do!
- Participate in the full software development life cycle, including design, coding, testing and production release.
- Partner closely with designers, back end developers and data scientists to create innovative solutions for our customers.
- Bring your creative thinking, curiosity, strategies, and ideas to advance our company’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future.
- Provide technical leadership and collaborate on developing and maintaining standards
- Conduct code reviews and give feedback to ensure high standards of code and maintainability
- Practice healthy code disciplines and practices like pair coding and test-driven development
- Participate in design research to include academic research, surveys, contextual inquiries and interviews with sponsor users
- Identify User Needs and write or validate User Stories as a component of design
- Collaborate on UX prototyping to show technically feasible concepts for the user experience within a solution, working to make all interactions intuitive and convenient for users
- Conduct cognitive walkthroughs of prototypes with sponsor users to validate prototypes and ensure they are intuitive and convenient
- Create accurate Work Breakdowns of the effort required to bring the prototyped design to life
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Conduct testing of completed applications, websites and software to assure quality and assess user experience
- A passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well. Experience with TDD and Test Automation.
- Strong desire to learn, push the envelope, and share knowledge with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain ideas to both technical and nontechnical people.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple milestones and projects efficiently
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to optimize code
- Strong understanding of web markup, including HTML5, SCSS, and CSS3
- Strong understanding of Bootstrap and Flexbox
- Strong understanding of Vue and React
- Strong understanding of VueX or Redux or other data store libraries
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling and partial page updates
- Good understanding of the Open API Specification (Swagger)
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Good understanding of front-end build tools, such as Babel, WebPack, and Grunt
- Strong opinions on dependency management
- Strong opinions on versioning, deployment and release automation
- Ownership of at least one front-end project as a technical lead or architect
- Familiar with Agile, Kubernetes, Docker and related infrastructure technologies
- Familiar with Design Thinking and User Centered Design concepts
Compensation and benefits
- Base salary
- Health insurance, paid time off, expense and travel account, and other benefits.
Make decisions in alignment with our vision:
- A magnet for companies seeking the most valuable software.
- A destination for people seeking the most fulfilling work.
Make decisions in alignment with our mission:
- We entertain an engagement only with the client is significantly rewarded.
- Our employees’ fulfillment will be fueled by our clients’ success.
- Our engagements are successful when our clients request an ongoing strategic relationship.
Perform your work in accordance with our 20 specific values-based actions.
- Drive deep collaboration among our team with a focus on solutions that make us more valuable to our clients.
- Listen intently and reflectively to clients with a desire to understand before being understood.
- Be curious and constantly improve to provide better solutions for clients.
- Excel in communicating with clients; be clear, concise, and anticipate questions.
- Honor your commitments: be on time, every time; deliver what you promise when you promise it.