SREs (Site Reliability Engineers) use their computer science expertise to build, maintain and coordinate the digital networks and systems that support networked communities. We are looking for an SRE who is focused on best security practices, proficient with cloud technologies, and who flourishes in a collaborative, creative environment. SREs generally work with numerous software programs, clients and other technical staff. Their responsibilities include upgrading and improving operating environments, configuring and deploying software solutions, and providing technical instruction for users.
Successful SREs should have good communication and collaboration skills, excellent analytical, problem-solving and time-management skills, and a familiarity with data laws. Ideal candidates will also have experience in project management and giving professional presentations.
Worthwhile helps mid-market companies out-innovate their competition through software and data. We utilize a Design Thinking methodology to continuously design, build, and run digital transformation initiatives that deliver real business value in the manufacturing, financial services and healthcare sectors. Our culture is unique and defined by our 20 specific value behaviors. This relentless focus throughout our 25+ year history has enabled us to achieve an unprecedented Net Promoter Score of 84 (2x the industry average) and be named the #2 Best Place to Work in South Carolina for 2020.
- Daily collaboration with the entire development team
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing technical issues with programs
- Automate tasks with scripts
- Occasional client communication
- Work with source control (Git, docker repositories)
- Configuring various types of monitoring and log tracking
- Managing computer resources (CPU, disk space, etc.)
- Maintaining and implementing best security practices across all projects
- Secrets management
- Configuring and maintaining cloud environments
- Monitoring these cloud environments
- Responding effectively and speedily to any problems
- Maintaining a professional demeanor with clients and colleagues
- Providing training and support to clients and teammates
- Ensuring operating environments stay safe and secure
- Updating any software where necessary
- Documenting all reported malfunctions and actions taken in response (incident management)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in related field
- Advanced organizational skills
- Familiarity with database systems management software and web platform development software
- Internet protocols
- Scripting languages
Compensation and benefits
- Base salary
- Profit sharing program
- Health insurance, paid time off, expense and travel account, and other benefits.
Make decisions in alignment with our vision:
- A magnet for companies seeking the most valuable software.
- A destination for people seeking the most fulfilling work.
Make decisions in alignment with our mission:
- We entertain an engagement only with the client is significantly rewarded.
- Our employees’ fulfillment will be fueled by our clients’ success.
- Our engagements are successful when our clients request an ongoing strategic relationship.
Perform your work in accordance with our 20 specific values-based actions.
- Drive deep collaboration among our team with a focus on solutions that make us more valuable to our clients.
- Listen intently and reflectively to clients with a desire to understand before being understood.
- Be curious and constantly improve to provide better solutions for clients.
- Excel in communicating with clients; be clear, concise, and anticipate questions.
- Honor your commitments: be on time, every time; deliver what you promise when you promise it.