Front-End Engineers are computer programmers who specialize in building user-focused interfaces for software and web applications. They are interested in building accessible interfaces while working in collaboration with design, program management, SRE, data engineers, and other team members. Collaboration with the design team and other stakeholders is key in order to execute projects efficiently and effectively.
Worthwhile helps mid-market companies out-innovate their competition through software and data. We utilize a Design Thinking methodology to continuously design, build, and run digital transformation initiatives that deliver real business value in the manufacturing, financial services and healthcare sectors. Our culture is unique and defined by our 20 specific value behaviors. This relentless focus throughout our 26+ year history has enabled us to achieve an unprecedented Net Promoter Score of 84 (2x the industry average) and be named the #2 Best Place to Work in South Carolina for 2020.
We are looking for programmers who are attentive to the overall design and product details with a specialized knowledge of modern web standards. UI/UX Engineers are responsible for capturing project needs, designing the solution, and ensuring the alignment of the software build with business and user experience requirements.
Front-End Engineers are required to work in teams alongside back-end developers to ensure the creation of high-quality user experiences according to Worthwhile’s software development life cycle. This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent execution of user interface build according to documented specifications
- Proactively communicate with the design team to gain clarity around design artifacts and work to ensure the best solution
- Deep knowledge of modern UI frameworks with attention to performance
- Producing concise, well-documented, clear code rooted in best industry practices
- Taking ownership of code quality with rigorous testing
- Work with your guild to advance the team’s overall proficiency and skills
- Fostering continual learning with a pronounced enthusiasm for advances within the UI/UX domain
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in related field
- Experience with responsive design
- Experience with test-driven development
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in visual design rapid prototyping preferred
- Vue (Vuex)
- Open API specifications
- JSON and JSON Schema
- REST APIs
Compensation and benefits
- Base salary
- Profit sharing program
- Health insurance, paid time off, expense and travel account, and other benefits.
Make decisions in alignment with our vision:
- A magnet for companies seeking the most valuable software.
- A destination for people seeking the most fulfilling work.
Make decisions in alignment with our mission:
- We entertain an engagement only when the client is significantly rewarded.
- Our employees’ fulfillment will be fueled by our clients’ success.
- Our engagements are successful when our clients request an ongoing strategic relationship.
Perform your work in accordance with our 20 specific values-based actions.
- Drive deep collaboration among our team with a focus on solutions that make us more valuable to our clients.
- Listen intently and reflectively to clients with a desire to understand before being understood.
- Be curious and constantly improve to provide better solutions for clients.
- Excel in communicating with clients; be clear, concise, and anticipate questions.
- Honor your commitments: be on time, every time; deliver what you promise when you promise it.