A Talent & Culture Manager is an HR Generalist who focuses their energy on building and maintaining a happy, empathetic, and healthy team. In short, you are a “people person.” We are looking for a Talent & Culture Manager (TCM) who will oversee the recruiting and onboarding process for employees, administration of pay, benefits and leave, and support our COO in day-to-day business management tasks. You will also have a key role to play in developing and maintaining current documentation of company policies, safe workplace standards, and appropriate workplace conduct.
Worthwhile helps mid-market companies out-innovate their competition through software and data. We utilize a Design Thinking methodology to continuously design, build, and run digital transformation initiatives that deliver real business value in the manufacturing, financial services and healthcare sectors. Our culture is unique and defined by our 20 specific value behaviors. This relentless focus throughout our 26+ year history has enabled us to achieve an unprecedented Net Promoter Score of 84 (2x the industry average) and be named the #2 Best Place to Work in South Carolina for 2020.
A TCM manages the entire lifecycle of the experience for our people, starting from the very first conversation.
- Coordinate with department leaders in creating and updating job descriptions.
- Coordinate with the Growth Manager to post and recruit for open positions.
- As needed, coordinate with outside recruitment agencies to find and evaluate candidates for open positions.
- Evaluate and categorize resumes for open positions within the organization using BambooHR.
- Conduct first-round interviews with prospective job candidates.
- As needed, schedule interviews between candidates and hiring managers.
- Manage and execute first initiatives on the employee onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Own and oversee all steps within the employee onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Develop strong relationships with all team members and provide assistance during pivotal work-related issues or transitions.
- Administer pay, benefits and leave.
- Ensure proper documentation of all HR incidents.
- Maintain and improve the employee handbook.
- Lead periodic review of all HR/Personnel document templates and procedures to ensure a great experience for each team member as well as legal compliance.
- Develop and lead training programs (Apprenticeship, Leadership Development) in collaboration with the Worthwhile leadership team.
- Develop and maintain a constant pool of good candidates to allow Worthwhile to staff up as needed.
- Serve on the Care Squad -- a group of teammates who proactively care and encourage the entire team as needs arise and plan company events/awards.
- Assist the COO in day-to-day operations with other duties as assigned.
- Follow and document modifications to the established Recruiting, Onboarding, and Offboarding Plans.
- Generate official internal documents such as offer letters, appointment letters, salary slips and warning letters.
- Educate newly hired employees on HR policies, internal procedures and regulations.
- Maintain physical and digital files for employees and their documents, benefits and attendance records in BambooHR.
- Create employee engagement plans, get necessary budget approval and initiate activities.
- Collaborate with outside vendors, upper management and employees to maintain Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) standards conscripted by authorities.
- Evaluate employee performance and appraise their pay scale accordingly.
- Take appropriate disciplinary action against employees who violate rules and regulations and address employee grievances.
- Review employee feedback and strategize about HR programs to benefit the workplace culture.
- As needed, meet with employees and their Managers to discuss recent workplace incidents and determine a plan of action going forward.
- Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conduct or acquire background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implement new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or another related field OR equivalent work experience.
- 2-5 years experience in a Human Resources capacity.
- Knowledge of administrative tasks and responsibilities.
- Advanced computer skills, including data entry, data processing, communication tools and payroll and human resources software.
- Leadership and coaching skills.
- Strong empathy and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and analytically driven.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
Compensation and Benefits
- Base Salary
- Profit Sharing Program
- Health insurance, paid time off, expense and travel account, and other benefits.
You understand that HR is a critical function of a successful organization, and you also dislike referring to people as “resources.” You believe that everyone has intrinsic value and you want to work at a company that believes that, too. You pay careful attention to details while always putting people, both internal and external, first on your list of priorities.
Make decisions in alignment with our vision:
- A magnet for companies seeking the most valuable software.
- A destination for people seeking the most fulfilling work.
Make decisions in alignment with our mission:
- We will entertain an engagement only when the client is significantly rewarded.
- Our employees’ fulfillment will be fueled by our clients’ success.
- Our engagements are successful when our clients request an ongoing strategic relationship.
Perform your work in accordance with our 20 specific values-based actions.
- Drive deep collaboration among our team with a focus on solutions that improves the overall employee experience.
- Listen intently and reflectively to employees with a desire to understand before being understood.
- Be curious and constantly improve to provide better solutions for our team.
- Excel in communicating across the team; be clear, concise, and anticipate questions.
- Honor your commitments: be on time, every time; deliver what you promise when you promise it.