**This role is available as a remote, in-office, or hybrid position.
Engineering Managers, Development Managers, or Dev Managers are in charge of leading groups of software engineers and supervising their team’s work as they develop web applications and network systems. Engineering Managers strive to bring out the best in their teams. They work tirelessly to ensure that their employees, products, services, and processes meet the needs of their clients. The Engineering Manager works closely with product and program managers to manage the entire development process.
Great Engineering Managers innovate, over-communicate, and educate their team. They help enforce company standards and processes. Organizing and facilitating training for their developers in the latest tech advancements is critical. Engineering managers must be excellent communicators with a strong desire to help others. Engineering Managers are absolutely obsessed with quality.
Worthwhile helps mid-market companies out-innovate their competition through software and data. We utilize a Design Thinking methodology to continuously design, build, and run digital transformation initiatives that deliver real business value in the manufacturing, financial services and healthcare sectors. Our culture is unique and defined by our 20 specific value behaviors. This relentless focus throughout our 26+ year history has enabled us to achieve an unprecedented Net Promoter Score of 84 (2x the industry average) and be named the #2 Best Place to Work in South Carolina for 2020.
- Cooperatively lead development of quality, coding, and documentation standards.
- Train, motivate, and coach employees to ensure that standards are met.
- Lead standup meetings.
- Identify and remove roadblocks in the development process.
- Work with the Program Management Office (PMO) to understand dependencies and work on scheduling.
- Work with PMO to monitor progress and report project status to clients.
- Assist in the interviewing process for new hires.
- Formulate strategies to increase productivity.
- Review processes in order to ensure that they align with current trends.
- Act as a peer for the Solution Architect in designing solutions.
- Own responsibility for adhering to the project design and confirming that builds are to specifications.
- This role reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s with experience in the field OR equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in the software development industry.
- Experience with event-driven microservice architectures.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A desire to help others achieve their best.
- Critical attention to detail.
- AWS and Azure
- SQL and NOSQL Databases
- Github and Gitlab (CI)
- Markdown, YAML, JSON
- Vue Test Utils
- React Testing Library
- Pytest + Python Unittest
Compensation and Benefits
- Base Salary
- Profit Sharing Program
- Health insurance, paid time off, expense and travel account, and other benefits.
Make decisions in alignment with our vision:
- A magnet for companies seeking the most valuable software.
- A destination for people seeking the most fulfilling work.
Make decisions in alignment with our mission:
- We entertain an engagement only when the client is significantly rewarded.
- Our employees’ fulfillment will be fueled by our clients’ success.
- Our engagements are successful when our clients request an ongoing strategic relationship.
Perform your work in accordance with our 20 specific values-based actions.
- Drive deep collaboration among our team with a focus on solutions that make us more valuable to our clients.
- Listen intently and reflectively to clients with a desire to understand before being understood.
- Be curious and constantly improve to provide better solutions for clients.
- Excel in communicating with clients; be clear, concise, and anticipate questions.
- Honor your commitments: be on time, every time; deliver what you promise when you promise it.