Front End Engineer (Vue)
Worthwhile does work that matters, and we do it with people that matter. We encourage and empower our team members to pave their own career path, grow their skills, learn from each other, and bring forward those outside-the-box ideas. We care about the whole person and aim to foster an environment of deep connection and understanding. If you’re a person who wants to contribute to work that matters, own your future and take responsibility for it, Worthwhile would be a good fit for you.
We are looking for a Front-End Engineer with Vue experience. We seek programmers who are attentive to the overall design and product details with a specialized knowledge of modern web standards. UI/UX Engineers are responsible for capturing project needs, designing the solution, and ensuring the alignment of the software build with business and user experience requirements.
Front-End Engineers work in teams alongside back-end developers to ensure the creation of high-quality user experiences according to Worthwhile’s software development life cycle. This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent execution of user interface build according to documented specifications
- Proactively communicate with the design team to gain clarity around design artifacts and work to ensure the best solution
- Deep knowledge of modern UI frameworks with attention to performance
- Producing concise, well-documented, clear code rooted in best industry practices
- Taking ownership of code quality with rigorous testing
- Work with your guild to advance the team’s overall proficiency and skills
- Fostering continual learning with a pronounced enthusiasm for advances within the UI/UX domain
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience preferred but not required
- 2+ years of experience in related field
- Experience with responsive design
- Experience with test-driven development
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in visual design rapid prototyping preferred
- It would be REALLY great if you had experience with:
- Vue (Vuex)
- Open API specifications
- JSON and JSON Schema
- REST APIs
- It would be cool if you had experience with:
Compensation and benefits
- Base salary
- Profit Sharing Program
- Eligible for health insurance on your first day of employment. Dental & Vision premiums for the employee are covered by Worthwhile. Adoption Assistance Program. Educational Assistance Program. Generous paid time off +other benefits and perks.
What you can expect from the interview process:
- Step 1 - Complete a technical evaluation project (we call it a Demo of Art) on Codility.
- The assessment is set for 90 minutes (but some people finish early.) and needs to be completed in one sitting.
- Step 2 - Interview with the Engineering Manager
- Interview lasts about 30 minutes and is conducted via Zoom.
- Step 3 - Interview with Leadership Team Members
- Interview lasts about 60 minutes and is conducted via Zoom.
- We'll spend some time getting to know you more. We usually start the meeting by asking you to tell us a little bit about yourself (to break the ice).
Then the leadership team will ask some questions to get to know you better and then we leave some time for you to ask us any questions you may have. This is your time to get to know us and work through any questions.
We usually move through the process in its entirety in about 2-4 weeks.
The annual salary range for this position is $85,000 - $110,000. We consider factors such as your experience, location and market data when it comes to determining the final salary.
Worthwhile helps mid-market companies out-innovate their competition through software and data. We utilize a Design Thinking methodology to continuously design, build, and run digital transformation initiatives that deliver real business value in the manufacturing, financial services and healthcare sectors. Our culture is unique and defined by our 20 specific value behaviors. This relentless focus throughout our 25+ year history has enabled us to achieve an unprecedented Net Promoter Score of 84 (2x the industry average) and be named the #2 Best Place to Work in South Carolina for 2020.
At Worthwhile we are a destination for people seeking the most fulfilling work. Our team members are marked by our core values:
- Creativity: Micromanagement suffocates creativity, so we don’t do that here. We encourage outside-the-box thinking and dedicate weekly time to individual professional development because creative teammates build stronger teams.
- Curiosity: There are no dumb questions. In the software development space we’re always creating something new. With collaboration and bold, curious thinking we build enterprise-caliber solutions for our clients.
- Honor: Honorable people are trustworthy people. We foster a culture based on honesty, especially when we have fallen short of our goals. No person has all the answers, but every teammate at Worthwhile has the space to be honest without judgment or fear.
- Service: We cannot expect our teammates to serve our clients well if we don’t serve our teammates well first. By supporting our employees with flexible PTO, parental leave, 401(k) contributions, customized paths for internal growth, and more, we give them the tools they need to live a balanced, happy life.